Revolver Essentials provides a look into the pros and cons of the revolver as a defensive tool allowing the shooter to gain a fundamental understanding of the complexities associated with the platform.
This challenging weapon system is recommended to many novice shooters as a “fix all” for lack of training, when in fact it requires substantially more knowledge and skill to operate.
Class topics will include but not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive Handgun Safety
- Medical Brief and Immediate Action
- Revolver vs. Semi-Auto Gun-Handling
- Building Proper Fundamentals of Marksmanship with the Revolver
- Loading Techniques
- Recoil Management
- Working from Concealment
- Strong and Support Hand Shooting
- Strong and Support Hand Reloading
- Use of Cover
- Close Range Engagement
- Pocket/Purse Carry/Engagement
- Qualification Course
- A minimum of 5 speed loaders and 5 speed strips.
- A strong side holster that safely retains the firearm and double speed-loader pouch.
- Two jackets or sweatshirts that have pocket
- Ladies add two cheap purses ($5 at Goodwill) if you ever carry in your purse.
- These will be destroyed during class.
- 200 Rounds of full metal jacket training ammunition
- 25 Rounds of defensive ammo. Check your revolver for +P capability and bring appropriate ammo.
- Hearing and Eye Protection (electronic ear protection is recommended)
- No Refunds. We shoot in the heat, the cold, the rain and snow. If you have to cancel we will transfer your tuition to another date. A second cancellation will result in forfeiture of your tuition.
8 Hours – 200 Rounds – $100