Fighting Handgun Insight is an extremely physical class with a high round count and demanding mental focus. It is designed to push your skills into the subconscious level and test every skill set. A high level of physical fitness, agility and strong motor skills are needed for this program along with safe/repeatable gun handling skills. The pre-requisites are demanding and you can be asked to leave or sit out an exercise if your skill, equipment or physical ability are not sufficient for the challenge. Fighting Handgun Acceleration is a firm pre-req. Do not sign up for this class unless you are sure that you will be prepared.
Due to the high round count and long strings of fire you will need to have at least 10 High Capacity/Double that if you want to run a single stack.
- Safety/Medical Briefing
- Balancing Speed and Accuracy
- Multiple Target Engagement
- Strong and Support Hand Fighting
- Gun Retention and Extreme Close Range Fighting
- Shooting While Moving
- Moving to Shoot
- Rapid and Long Distance Movement
- Regaining the advantage from positions of disadvantage
- Counter Ambush
- Vehicle Based Encounters
- Low Light/No Light
- Stress Drills
- Scenario Based Training
- Force on Force
- Semi Automatic Centerfire Pistol (No Rimfire Pistols)
- This is not a revolver class. See class descriptions and schedule.
- At least 8 Magazines for a pistol with 10 or more capacity. Double that for anything less
- 800 Rounds of quality full metal jacket range/training ammunition. More is better.
- A strong side holster and a support side magazine pouch. (The Serpa line of holsters are not allowed).
- Hearing and Eye Protection (electronic ear protection is recommended)
- No Refunds. We shoot in the heat, the cold, the rain and snow. If you have to cancel we will transfer your tuition to another date. A second cancellation will result in forfeiture of your tuition.
20 Hours – 2000 Rounds – $400
$25 Range Fee paid day of class