Fighting Handgun Refinement (FHR) presents a comprehensive curriculum focused on building your proficiency with the concealed handgun. Fighting Handgun Essentials or comparable course by a recognized peer is a pre-requisite to take this course.
FHR starts with a pass/fail skills test to prove competency and progresses into in depth theory of techniques, skills and improvisations used in lethal force engagements.
This course includes instruction on the following but not limited to:
- Safety and Medical Briefing
- Review and Theory of the Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Building a Fighting Mindset
- Keys to Successful Gun-Handling
- Additional Guard Positions
- Working from a various types of concealment
- Speed and Emergency Reloads
- Reducing Complex Malfunctions
- Strong and Support Hand Only Gun-Handling
- Anatomy Targeting Areas
- Close Range Engagements
- Multiple Target Engagement
- Multiple Direction Movement
- Introduction to Fighting from the Ground
- Use of Cover
- Scenario Based Stress Drills
- The FBI Qualification Test
- Semi Automatic Centerfire Pistol (No Rimfire Pistols)
- This is not a revolver class. See class descriptions and schedule.
- At least 8 Magazines for a pistol with 10 or more capacity. Double that for anything less
- 600 Rounds of quality full metal jacket range/training ammunition. More is better.
- A strong side holster and a support side magazine pouch. (The Serpa line of holsters are not allowed).
- Hearing and Eye Protection (electronic ear protection is recommended)
- No Refunds. We shoot in the heat, the cold, the rain and snow. If you have to cancel we will transfer your tuition to another date. A second cancellation will result in forfeiture of your tuition.
10 hours – 600 Rounds – $150.00
$10 Range Fee paid day of class